Friday, January 19, 2007

In which nothing much seems to happen

I am trying to get back into blogging, and yet I feel nothing significant has occurred for me to write about. I am supposed to be doing a 10th step review of every day. I had emailed my sponsor about it and asked for some guidance on how best to do that. But I haven't heard from my sponsor in several days. I know he has some child custody issues, and perhaps that is keeping him busy.

There are some things at my morning job I haven't been very good at turning over. I ate over them today. Bah.

I teach my class starting Monday. I am almost prepared, but I have to come in to work anyway on Saturday so I will shore everything up for Monday then.

I just feel like I am not moving forward. I guess the good thing is that I am not moving backward?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does mean so much if you aren't moving backwards. At 110 days of 'pure' abstinence I went to dinner last night and completely shattered it. and now I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about weight watchers, knowing, really, though, that it's not about the food......

Katy said...

Hi there!

I'm not sure if I've sent you any comments before, but I wanted to stop by and say that I'm here and I'm glad you are too. I've been away from blogging for a few months and realized that in doing so I also allowed myself to slowly get "away" from my program after 6 months of abstinence (cunning & baffling disease.)

I still haven't binged, but I haven't been keeping in line with MY personal guidelines for absinence. I made the decision to begin again.

So here I am, starting again and committing to post at least once every 2 weeks. I'm also going to keep in contact with the people on my "Motivation & Inspiration" list... And you're one of them! (I hope that's ok with you, if not please let me know.)

I hope you'll keep posting because even if you don't have anything exciting to report, it's great to simply see how you and all the other fantastic people on here deal with day to day stuff.

Just wanted to let you know I'm listening and I care! Looking forward to reading more and cheering you on along the way!!!

Katy

Anonymous said...

hi, where did you go? I've been checking to see if you've posted for a while now. I miss the blogger who's smart enough to know "its not all about the food".
x